Hey guys! Guess what?
Yes, I was nominated to the Liebster Award this year by the brave and awesome Nathan. He has a great blog MindNathan@digibook.com where he shares his journey with depression and anxiety. I am particularly honored by this nomination because I am a big advocate of mental health myself. I encourage you to go visit Nathan’s blog as you won’t regret it! Yeah, go…go…but don’t forget to come back and read the rest of my blog 🙂
Alright, now that you are back, let me tell you a little about myself. I am a pretty artsy person. From painting to acting, I love it all! I am the oldest of four, I have no pets, I like soccer, and I often get asked “where are you from?”
I was born in Mexico, but grew up in Texas. Usually, people think I am either Hawaiian, Filipino, or something mixed with Asian. I like to play along, why not?
I didn’t find my love for blogging until recently. I used to keep my journals and writings a secret until I started reading amazing blogs that made me want to join this blogging world! I enjoy blogging because it helps me channel my ideas, emotions and stress. Writing sooths my inner gabbiness. It enables that mumble-jumbo of noise inside of me and gives it a voice – That’s why I write!
Questions & Answers:
If you were to talk to your younger you, what would be your wisdom advice?
I would say: Gabby don’t ever let anyone kill your light! You are intelligent, brave, creative, and beautiful go conquer the world with kindness.
How much will you spend for your freedom?
Nothing because freedom is a choice. No confinement will ever trap my mind, heart and soul as they are free.
Can you tell me something that must be very interesting?
Crocodiles are the ultimate survivors. Having arisen some 200 million years ago, they have outlived the dinosaurs by some 65 million years. Even humans, the most fearsome predators ever to stalk the Earth, have failed to force into extinction any of the 23 species of crocodilians.
Do you have a special song dedicated to your parents, what is it and why?
Yikes! I don’t have songs dedicated to my parents.
What is your deepest definition for ‘Love’?
God is love!
What will be the tittle of your life if it’s going to be written?
The Crazy Shinanigans of a Girl Named Gabby!
What can you say about depression and what will be your advice if they approach you?
Depression is more common than you may think. However, no two people are affected the same way and there is no “one-size-fits-all” for treatment.
To anyone struggling with depression or any other mental health illness, I want to remind you that IT’S OKAY TO NOT BE OKAY! Don’t be ashamed to seek medical help and find the support of your friends, family or any other support system available to you.
What’s the name of your bestfriend can you tell me something that makes his/her interesting ?
My best friend’s name is Jose, but I call him Buddy or sometimes Bootie because he likes to twerk anywhere. Yes, upside down too!
If you are a food what would it be and why?
I would definitely be MOLE! Mole is a traditional Mexican dish that’s sweet yet spicy just like me.
I’d like to know your own definition for ‘Sacrifice’?
Sacrifice is being selfless for a greater cause.
Do you have worries for the future, if you do, can you share it to us?
“Got my toes in the water, ass in the sand
Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand
Life is good today Life is good today” – Zac Brown Band
About the Award:
Entries start January 1, 2018 and end on December 25, 2018. The winner will be picked on the 31st of December.
The Liebster Award 2018 is an award given to new and upcoming blogs nominated by fellow bloggers in order to give exposure and foster a community of recognition and appreciation. It is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. The award was first created in 2011 and continues to flourish every year.
Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
I hope you guys have as much fun with this award as I did. I am glad to have come across your blogs! I wish y’all the best in all your blogging endeavors, and I can’t wait to read your answers!
- Head Full of Dreams
- Dancing Words
- Open Source
- Perc 30s of Being a Wallflower
- The Brown Sugar Café
- Grace Life Collections
- Just Like Mr. Trent Says
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your Liebster Award blog post.
- Include a small section telling us why you are passionate about blogging.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (Optional)
- Answer the questions given to you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 bloggers that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award.
- List these rules in your post.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Inform the people/blogs about this nomination.
- Comment on the official blog post with a link DIRECTLY to your Liebster award blog.
The official rules for 2018 can be found on the The Global Aussie.
Questions for the Nominees:
- If you close your eyes and say the word “Happiness,” what is the first thing that pops into your mind?
- If you were to eat one thing only for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What do you consider to be your best feature and why?
- Name one thing that someone said you could not do yet you did it.
- Does your family have a weird or funny nickname for you?
- Are you a follower or a leader and why?
- What do you value more in other people?
- What is the craziest dare you ever did?
- Have you ever picked your nose while driving?
- What/who would you die for?
- Have you ever used or been told a pickup line and what is it?
Thanks for reading,